Life...

And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Piazzela Michelangelo- The look out!



My hotel is pissing me off.
There I said it.
It's under renovations which means hammering at 7:30 am (Sunday or Tuesday what's the diff??) Clearly they forgot to mention THAT at the time of booking. So for my convenience, they offer me a room with filth, some bed bugs (as my body has these unusual welts), the cold water is removed to create an even better steam effect than the warmth outside, and the waitresses at the breakfast seem annoyed that I would need a fork...after all, one has fingers, right?
So, this morning, I ran out of there...after I blasted them of course.
I am happy to report, my room has been upgraded...we shall see about the cutlery situation tomorrow morning.

Which now brings me to Piazzela Michelangelo.
I hopped on the city bus that rode up a hill for close to 15 mins, to arrive to a green, wooded area that reminded me a lot of Mount-Royal in Montreal.
The bus stops at the tip of the hill and you are welcomed by a breath taking view of Florence and my special non-circumcised friend David.

From this angle, you realise that Florence is nestled in a valley. The Duomo never looked this good, as you are now able to appreciate the beauty of the famous dome. The Duomo's roof was built 20 years after the church was built. They couldn't quite figure out how to seal the deal.

Unlike Mount-Royal or the Summit look out, this piazzela has quaint terraces, coffee shops and bars. A must see if you visit Florence!!

No comments:

Post a Comment