Life...

And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Casanova and a thief...all at McDonald's?



So I decided to stop by McDonald's for a salad?
I know, who goes to McDonald's for a salad...but I was too tired at that hour and wanted a quick grab, swallow and head to my room.

At this restaurant location, they have the McCafe too. I sat in that zone, as it was quieter and cleaner. I am having issues with cleanliness. I guess my OCD is rearing its ugly head and maybe that's a sign, am ready for the comforts of my home, sweet home. I digress.

There I am, after a long day....sweaty, sticky but in my pretty white dress with some grey hues and pretty white sandals chomping away at my salad. I was so concerned about my purse, and those who know me well will know I am rarely concerned about that...in fact, most times, I just leave it lying around.

I noticed I was being watched.
An older man, most likely older than my father.
Every bite I took, he would smile.
The first few times, I wasn't amused.
By the time the tenth bite occured, I figured "oh what's the matter with you, he's being friendly...get over yourself".

At that time, this young man walks in and begins to eye my purse. I figured I overstayed my welcome at this place and should call it a day and grab my tram to the hotel. As am about to hop off my stool, the old man comes over and says in Italian, care to join me for a coffee? I smiled and thanked him for his kindness but kindly declined. He goes on to say but you are "Bellissima"...Meantime, he grabs my tray and clears it for me. I smile, thank him and walk away. I think he survived the experience. I will give him this, many a MEN I have met in recent times don't have the cajones to step up to the plate like this gentleman did. It's too bad!

So I begin to make my way toward the tram...and you will recall that young man and MY PURSE. Well he suddenly appears on the escalator right next to me. I turned toward him and gave him a stern look. He hopped off and went a different direction.
I continue walking along the sidewalk and crossed the street....now the man is standing right behind me waiting at the tram stop.

I figured it's now or never...a lot of people are standing right beside me, so I went for it in a loud shreak "any reason why you are following me since McDOnald's?"
He ran away into the train station. Creepy but handled.

No comments:

Post a Comment